Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lazy Night

Do you ever have one of those lazy nights?

One of those nights where the last thing you want to do after a long day at work is hop on an elliptical machine?

Yeah, I do too.

And last night, I remedied that by giving my gym shoes a break.

Instead, I stopped at a nail salon on the way home and had my toenails painted.  Not a full pedicure . . . I didn't have time for that. My lazy night was waiting for me. I simply wanted a change and the thought of paying a mere $10 for someone else to do the grunt work just seemed too appealing to pass up.

With my newly-red toes, I headed home, changed into my pajamas, poured a giant bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (my pregnant equivalent to a glass of pinot grigio) and climbed in bed to catch up on my DVR.

At 5:30 p.m.

It was amazing.

And now that it's tomorrow, and I'm back at work looking at an Outlook calendar filled with meetings, the only place I want to be is back in my bed with my bowl of cereal.

Tonight may have to be another lazy night . . .

3 comments:

Jess said...

We ALL need those nights every once in a while :)

Katie of At Home When Im With You said...

Too funny! I just did a post on my addiction to CTC when I'm having a night in and the husband is away. So yummy- its like dessert.
Katie
Athomewhenimwithyou.blogspot.com

Alyssa said...

I love those nights! I say go for it again tonight! :)