Friday, May 4, 2012

Nursery Art


When I first found out I was pregnant, I knew I wanted our child's nursery to be special. I loved nothing more than reading when I was a kid and even though I had 5 built-in playmates, you'd be just as likely to find me curled up in my room reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder series as playing with my sisters.

I still have my entire, worn out set that I hope Hadley will love reading one day . . .

Since I knew that I wanted books to be at the center of the nursery, I did what any gal would do and started scouring Pinterest and Etsy looking for special pieces. I think that art sets the tone for a room, so I wanted to find something really cool to be the inspiration for the nursery.

I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled onto these amazing prints by Jayme McGowan inspired by Roald Dahl stories.




She cuts paper to make unbelievable illustrations. From the moment I laid eyes on these, I knew that they were going to be my inspiration for the nursery. I mean, have you ever seen anything like them before?! I ordered the three prints above in 8x10s to hang above the crib and the two below in 5x7s to hang next to the rocking chair.



The Etsy seller (and artist herself) was so sweet and easy to work with. I can't wait for these prints to come in so I can frame them! I can just imagine Hadley staring at these and loving them as much as I do one day.

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

Those are awesome!! They will look so great in the nursery! My mom never kept her Laura Ingalls Wilder books and wishes she had! I have to admit, I wish she had too!

Melanie said...

Love this idea!

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Those are so cute! Love the name Hadley too :)

iamchasingthirty said...

Oh my goodness I'm obsessed!!

E said...

These are so precious!! My personal favorite is the james in the giant peach :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Oh wow these are great!

Life With Lauren said...

They are amazing! I still have some of mine out of the set but not the whole set.

Amy Powell said...

those are so adorable! your baby is so lucky to have such a cute room!