Monday, March 10, 2014

Five Years

Five years ago this week . . .

We gathered up our family and friends, and hopped on a plane to Ireland. There were a few bumps along the way. Some of us were rerouted through London, and others through Frankfurt. The bride, groom, best man and an aunt were stuck in Chicago overnight. And one of my sister's pups back home ran away. But we eventually made it to The Emerald Isle in high-spirits (the free airplane champagne definitely helped).


Five years ago today . . .

I walked down the aisle of a 200-year-old Galway abbey (before abbeys were chic) . . .


To marry a man who makes me smile bigger, laugh harder and love more than I ever thought possible.


Sweet Northface/kilt combo

We took lots of pictures . . .


Drank lots of Guinness . . .

(well, one sissy drank Heineken)

Drove around the country (on the wrong side of the road). Visited Cork, Killarney and Limerick. Saw some of the most beautiful and amazing places . . .



Celebrated St. Patrick's Day with 675,000 people on the streets of Dublin . . .


And made memories that will make me smile every single day for the rest of my life. 

In the five years since . . . 

We've survived lots of highs and lows, made our house a home, traveled a little more and set out on the biggest (and hardest) adventure yet . . . 


Happy Anniversary, Sean -- I love you more than you'll ever know. In this adventure we call life, there's no one I'd rather have as my travel buddy and co-pilot.

7 comments:

Jess said...

I didn't know that you got married in Ireland. That's so fun! Happy anniversary girl!

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary you two!! Sounds like it was a beautiful wedding!

Leslie said...

Happy anniversary! You two have done so much in five years.

Life as the Mrs. said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post.

Kristen said...

I didn't know you got married in Ireland. How fun!! Happy Anniversary!!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many more adventures over your many years together.

Sara McCarty said...

Happy anniversary! Loved the wedding recap! How awesome to get married abroad. We did a destination wedding, but no where close to that exotic or far away! Hope you had a great anniversary week!